The Minutes of the October meeting were emailed to the mailing list, and posted on the website for members only. The highlights are below.
– VP’s please keep Shelagh updated as to what’s happening with prospective members, transferees and progressees firstname.lastname@example.org
– Members at large – please provide Shelagh with contact information for these ladies
– Online chapters: No land chapter? Not able to go to a meeting? Why not try joining the on line chapter? You earn time for progression, attendance, have socials, all the regular stuff you do in a land chapter, even socials and programs!!
– Next Meetup is at the Emerald Buffet (33 Selkirk St/Montreal Rd) Sunday Nov 24, at 12 pm and another one is being planned in the new year
– National Womens’ Show: March 29 & 30, 2014, at The Ottawa Convention Centre downtown. Sheila Brown has offered us free space at her booth to display BSP, Shelagh is looking for visual programs for this and other events; members are to contact her if they can loan an idea or would be willing to present
– Second Membership meeting is Nov 21st, 7:30 pm at Sheila Brown’s
– Heather Murphy’s chapter is merging to Alpha Master, so we now have another charter available
– Responses about chapter entertaining list will be coming out soon. There are some chapters that haven’t sent in their answers to the questions that were sent out in March. Please, if you haven’t done this, send in your responses ASAP so that the list can be sent out.
– PR still looking for volunteers
– Twitter account is set up
– We would like to get the word out about BSP. We also welcome your personal stories, why you joined and this will be posted online
– The budget is now being voted on in November due to the following motions:
Notice of motion for amendment to the budget: that $35 be allocated for our rep to attend the Local Council of Women Annual General meeting dinner. – needs a per member vote
Notice of motion: to donate $100 to the Calgary Red Cross Flood Relief Fund. – needs a per member vote
– MS Party: We had a nice private donation and thanked the chapters also for donating
– The Well: Located at Lisgar and Somerset. Donations of any kind would be greatly appreciated as their major sponsors have backed out. You can email email@example.com for ideas for donations
– Christmas CC meeting: Tables available for sales – So far there are 3 tables requested. If your chapter wishes to reserve a table, please contact Marilyn O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org. The silent auction is still on. Again please contact Marilyn for this.
Local Council of Women:
– If chapters want Entertainment Books please contact Carol Dunn by Oct.12 in order for them to be delivered for the Nov CC meeting.
– The next LCOW meeting is Tuesday, Oct 15 at 7pm at Overbrook Community Centre (off St. Laurent)
Historian/By Laws/Phone Book:
– Phone books will be on sale at the Nov/Dec CC meeting for $4.50
– MAL section: Wendy is willing to do this, she will indicate the name of the chapter these ladies were last with
Fall Event: Be creative with your masks, add some bling to it, wear a costume too!!
– There will be prizes. If you can donate a prize, please let XAL know before the next CC meeting.
– There is a desperate need for a photographer too.
– If you need transportation, see the flyer for more details or contact email@example.com for more details.
– Ticket cut off date is the Nov CC meeting. The cost per ticket is $32. It is an afternoon event on Sunday, November 17th, from 12pm -4pm
A Richmond Chapter is having a fashion show (Real Wool Boutique). Tickets are $20 for adults and children $10. There’s a bake sale, door prizes and tea. This is on Nov 2 at St. Phillips Roman Catholic Church, 127 Burke, Richmond Ont.
Pantry Plus Inventory: This was a huge success last year, lots of fun too! This is taking place on Feb2. See the flyer for more details
FUDGE SALE!! Tara is once again selling her delicious fudge, the gourmet ones and candy cane bark. The order forms will come out soon on the website. They’ll be ready for pick up at the Dec. CC meeting.
The meeting was closed at 8:50 pm followed by light refreshments and cookies.