Visit us in Booth 700, at The National Women’s Show:
- Shaw Centre (formerly the Ottawa Convention Centre, downtown)
- 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa
- Saturday, April 11, 10am – 6pm
- Sunday, April 12, 10am – 5pm
Meet members of Beta Sigma Phi, learn about our organization, members and activities 🙂
Admission Discount – click for your coupon
Expand and get to know your Beta Sigma Phi family tree! Founder’s Day will help you!
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2015
Time: Cocktails 5:30pm, Dinner 6pm
Place: Centurion Centre, 170 Colonnade Road, Ottawa, ON K2E 7J5
Who’s invited: All current members, all past members, and any ladies who may be interested in becoming sisters
Table format: Following a number of negative responses regarding Xi Chi’s plan to divide the sorority chapters up at Founder’s Day, we have decided to abandon this idea.
The chapters will be seated together. Smaller chapters will be seated with each other or they will be seated with the overflow of bigger chapters.
• Atlantic Salmon
• Chicken Kiev
• Vegetable Ragout Strudel
• Special requests (gluten-free, allergies – please specify)
Cost: $40.00 per person
We look forward to seeing you there!
Founder’s Day Explanation Sheet Founder’s Day Sign-up Sheet (replaces tickets)
Laugh the Winter Blues Away
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 8:30pm
Place: Absolute Comedy, 412 Preston Street
Price: $10, payable in advance Click for Poster
FOR TICKETS OR INFORMATION CONTACT
Brought to you by the Xi Alpha Lambda Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi
in support of
Come out to a fun social event organized by BSP Ottawa for members and those interested in finding out more about us.
Our Winterlude event is taking place at Confederation Park (Elgin St) on Friday, February 6, at 7pm.
A Chinese New Year Lunch (previously a dinner event) is on Saturday, February 7th at Panda Gardens in Kanata. Please come for 11:30 am. The address is 420 Hazeldean Rd, at Carbrooke. The restaurant is located at the west end of the strip mall.
Please RSVP to Council 1VP Julie at email@example.com to let her know if you’re able to make either/both events. You may also RSVP at our Meetup site at
Date: Friday, January 16, 2015
Place: Bells Corners United Church
3955 Old Richmond Road at Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON K2H 5C5
Tired from the Christmas season? Want to go away on a vacation but feeling broke after New Years? Why not escape for one night and go to a Hawaiian Luau? Enjoy a night of heat, pineapples, coconuts and lots of Lei’s around you. This a girls only event and it’s free! Members and guests / anyone interested in BSP Ottawa welcome. 🙂
We encourage attendees to wear bright coloured tops, and loose fitting clothing.
Please RSVP at our Meetup site:
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for flyer
Gift Department 10% Off Sale!
It’s that time again—in January and February, all items from International’s Gift Department are 10% off. It’s the perfect time to shop! Also, don’t forget about new officer pins, a new silver key with jeweled Greek-letter pendant, theRhinestone Beta Sigma Phi pin, and a lovely bracelet from Cause Jewelry International. See the August issue of The Torch for the full gift catalog, or order online or call 1-800-821-3989.
August 2016 International Convention Update
If you plan to attend the 2016 International Convention. Remember, you must have a full $100 deposit by February 15, 2015, or we can’t guarantee your attendance. But you can reserve a spot immediately by putting down at least $20 in the meantime, provided you complete the full deposit by February 15.
You must have your FULL convention registration fee payment of $300 ($200 for male guests, see below) to International by August 1, 2015. You also need to make a room reservation with the Westin Crown Center as soon as possible to get our special room rate and the type of room you prefer.
To recap convention news, it’s happening August 4-7 in Kansas City. Rate for members and female guests is $300. The rate for male guests is $200 (they’ll have meals with members except for Friday breakfast and Saturday brunch). To see all updated International Convention information and access all links currently available on our website Click here (BSP International website).
The next meeting of the Ottawa BSP City Council will be held on Thursday, November 6th, 7:30pm, at Resurrection of Our Lord Church,1940 Saunderson Dr, near Smyth Road.
- Dues are payable, if not paid, the chapter no longer has the right to participate in voting
- Money is due for payment of Fall Event tickets ($30 ea, email email@example.com to reserve)
- Reserve tables for chapter sales at December CC meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Members and guests are welcome.
Ottawa Beta Sigma Phi began in 1937. In the years since, and in the present time, members have had, and continue to have strong ties, through family members or their own service, to Parliament Hill, the Canadian Military, the Ottawa Police, the RCMP, and other emergency services. Many of our members also work and/or live in the downtown area.
I am sure all members of Ottawa Beta Sigma Phi join me in expressing our support and appreciation for those involved in, or affected by, the horrific events of yesterday. We are proud of our members, and the contribution they make to our city, and country, especially those who are serving members of the Military.
President, Ottawa Beta Sigma Phi
Join us for A FASHION AFTERNOON IN BETA SIGMA PHI – luncheon & fashion show
The October monthly meeting of the Ottawa BSP City Council will be held on Thursday, October 2nd, 7:30pm, at Resurrection of the Lord Catholic Church, 1940 Saunderson Drive, near Symth Rd.
Here are the reminders for this week’s Ottawa BSP City Council meeting:
1. The Per Member Vote on the proposed CC Budget is due at the meeting. If you cannot be at the meeting, please email your vote to either Debbie Cameron-Jones at email@example.com
or to Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEFORE the meeting on Thursday.
2. Dues of $14 per member (or $7 per affiliate member) are due and payable at the Oct CC meeting. Cheques payable to Beta Sigma Phi should be given to Patti Floysvik, the Treasurer.
3. MS Party cheques of $25 per chapter should be taken to the CC meeting, payable to Carol Dunn.
4. Tickets will be on sale for the Fall Event Luncheon & Fashion Show, Nov 22nd, 12-3pm at the RA Centre. Please one cheque per chapter, payable to Beta Sigma Phi. Debbie and/or Marilyn will be there to receive the cheques. Email email@example.com
5. Phone book changes are due at the CC meeting. Wendy will be printing the books shortly, and the deadline of Thu Oct 2nd is the final date for changes before the printed book is prepared.
6. Corresponding Secretary, Jennifer Hand-Perry, welcomes donations of your excess greeting cards. Please take them to a CC meeting and leave them on the front table.
7. Bulb orders from Preceptor Alpha Theta are due
8. December CC meeting tables for selling – please contact either Debbie or Marilyn to reserve a table for your chapter to sell items at the December CC social, a good chance for Christmas shopping. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Carol Dunn has sent this message about Entertainment books:
Please email to everyone in your chapter:For us to get $17.50 profit, we have to sell at least 35 Entertainment books this year. So far I have orders for 7. Buy one book for your chapter as a ways-and-means project. I need your support if we are going to make it.Entertainment books are half price this year (i.e. $17.50, your price, selling price of $35). This is the last year at this price. Next year the profit will only be $7.Call me at 613-596-0321 before Thursday at lunch time so that I can bring the number of books you want to the October city council meeting. Please bring the money with you.